Segmentation fault when nebmodule returns with something else than 0

Tobias Mucke tobias.mucke at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 28 07:41:50 CET 2007

Hi,

> Other than that, it looks obviously correct, although I wonder if it
> wouldn't be better to actually pass the real nebmodule struct to the
> init function. I guess that's what the entire idea was initially, or
> Ethan wouldn't have missed that one in set_module_info().

Agreed, but actually neb_load_module calls the initfunc with the
module_handle, not with the nebmodule struct.

result=(*initfunc)(NEBMODULE_NORMAL_LOAD,mod->args,mod->module_handle);

That is why the module itself doesn't know anything about itself other
than its module_handle. This approach is also charming because the
nebmodule struct can only be altered through API functions. I am
indifferent about these two approaches, but the API should be
consistent and not segfault because of inconsistency.

Thanks.

Tobias