Segmentation fault when nebmodule returns with something else than 0

Tobias Mucke tobias.mucke at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 26 11:26:20 CET 2007

Hi Nagios developers,

I am writing a Nagios event broker module. Thanks for this nice API.

If my nebmodule_init function does not return with OK, Nagios 3.0b7
(and also earlier versions) segfault. I tried to locate the root cause
and found function lt_dlclose line 321 in nebmods.c.

result=lt_dlclose(mod->module_handle);

I don't understand why it segfaults at this line. The NEB helloworld.o
from Nagios source works fine, so this is a problem in my NEB.

Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks for your advice.

Tobias