NRPE upgrade question / more than one kb output

Steffen Poulsen step at tdc.dk
Wed Nov 21 10:10:12 CET 2007

Hi,

We are currently trying to determine what the best strategy to upgrade NRPE + check_nrpe for >1024 bytes output support is?

We would like to utilize the new support for 8kb output in Nagios 3, but we face some difficulties doing this in NRPE.

It seems that when we naively touch the buffer limits in the NRPE source, we lose backwards compatibility?

Has anybody found a way to use the same check_nrpe to support both existing "vanilla" NRPE installations and "upgraded" NRPE installations with multi-kb output support?

If anybody knows if there is a spec for the NRPE protocol available, we would like a pointer to it. We figure that might help us in figuring out how to support both versions correctly.

Best regards,
Steffen

--

Venlig hilsen