NDOUtils doesn't put anything into PostgreSQL

Yana Millis yana.millis at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 08:03:33 CET 2007

Hello !

I have downloaded the PostgreSQL version of NDOUtils, from
http://www.nagiosexchange.org/Utilities.16.0.html?&tx_netnagext_pi1%5Bp_view%5D=908&tx_netnagext_pi1%5Bpage%5D=10%3A10

and have configured everything for postgres, and the stuff compiled
fine. I can run ndoutils, and
then I run nagios, and I get no errors. The nagios log file has
positivie feedback like
"
[1195104682] Nagios 2.9 starting... (PID=32483)
[1195104682] LOG VERSION: 2.0
[1195104682] ndomod: NDOMOD 1.4b6 (09-27-2007) Copyright (c) 2005-2007
Ethan Galstad (nagios at nagios.org)
[1195104682] ndomod: Successfully connected to data sink.  0 queued
items to flush.
[1195104682] Event broker module '/usr/bin/ndomod.o' initialized successfully.
"

But the problem is that my postgres database always remains empty - ndoutils
doesn't seem to be actually putting anything into the database.

I have added printf statements to ndomod_write_to_sink() function in
ndomod.c, and it executes
till the end, and the buffer it is passed is *not*  empty.

So my question is: does anybody have any suggestions for me how and
where to begin debugging
this matter ? Is there any command in linux which I can use to "spy"
on what exactly NdoUtils is
doing ? And, is there any way of finding out whether anybody is trying
to write to
the postGres database ?

Any ideas would be grrreatly appreciated !

thanks,

--yana