NDOUtils + PostgreSQL?

Antonio Grassi agrassic at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 17:39:01 CET 2007

2007/11/8, Andreas Ericsson <ae at op5.se>:

> matter)?
> >>>
> >> I should check the queries again.
> >

> > In particular, I've seen the query in src/db.c, line 317:
> >
> > "INSERT INTO %s SET instance_name='%s'"
> >
> > The INSERT INTO table SET column = value ... is a MySQL extension, as
> > described in
> > http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/6.0/en/extensions-to-ansi.html
> >
> > I don't know if there are other non standard queries.
> >

> UPDATE %s SET column='%s'
>
> is ANSI though, so that should work pretty much everywhere. So long as
> it doesn't overly complicate things, I'm all for following standards.
>
> Were there any complicated cases, or was this all?

After a quick overview of the queries, I don't think there are any
complicated cases, but I haven't even tryed to replace those queries and see
what happens afterwards.

I just wanted to know the status of PostgreSQL support, if the intention to
add it persisted, and give a hand if it could be useful and there was work
going on (which I understand is not the case, as there is a standby till the
database schema stabilizes).

I will check the nagios exchange version that Michael mentions.

Thanks very much,
Antonio