NDOUtils + PostgreSQL?

Antonio Grassi agrassic at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 13:34:45 CET 2007

Hi list. Maybe this message should have been sent to nagiosplug-devel, sorry
if that is the case.

I've been trying NDOUtils, and got it working with MySQL. I've also seen
that there are plans to add support for PostgreSQL storage, and browsing the
code I see there is already some work in that direction. I've also seen
there are a couple of messages in nagios-devel and nagiosplug-devel about
versions with certain support for PostgreSQL, using 1.4b2 and 1.4b3 versions
of NDOUtils.

I tried Nagios 3.0b5 and NDOUtils 1.4b6. The scripts for the creation of the
database schema are only for MySQL. I converted the script to PostgreSQL
format, and modified ndo2db.c to enable PostgreSQL. But when I turn
everything up, I see that there are also hardcoded queries with MySQL SQL
format. I've seen the situation is the same in NDOUtils 1.4b7.

My questions are:

- is there a brach or something I'm missing, with a better grade of support
for PostgreSQL?
- is there somebody working in PostgreSQL support for NDOUtils (if yes,
who)?

Well, thanks in advance, and congratulations for your great work,

Antonio