Memory leak in Nagios3?

Hendrik Bäcker andurin at process-zero.de
Sun Nov 4 14:21:23 CET 2007

Hi List,

after a four days running nagios 3 (latest cvs) I've recognized that my
system has only 80 MByte of free Memory (top).
After stopping Nagios the amount of free memory jumps up to 2,7 GByte.

Now my question: What is the best way to find such a leak (if there is one)?

I know tools like valgrind, but I am not familar with right use of it.

So, if someone can hit me to the right direction, I will try to debug.

Regards,
Hendrik