RFE: choose nb of critical

Francois Pernet WebMonster at idsa.ch
Thu May 24 08:08:36 CEST 2007

Request for enhancement : provide way to choose nb of critical before notifications

Hi everyone,

I would like to know if the following feature can be implemented through Nagios.

Imagine that a service is most of the time in WARNING state (for precise reasons). Since this service reach a CRITICAL status, an alarm is sent as expected (notifications are set to be sent only for critical status).

The goal is to set up a number of tries in CRITICAL status before to send any alarm.

I know we can tune nb of tries for soft to hard status, but is there any setting allowing us to fine tune the number of CRITICAL status receveid before to alarm anyone ? (main reason is this precise case is that NRPE do not send back an UNKNOWN status when it has a Plugin timeout).

I know that we can tune the timeout and that the next version, I hope, will include UNKNOWN status when there is a plugin timeout, but i think that this feature could be interesting for special services...

Thx

Francois