several host notifications for 1 host

Thomas Guyot-Sionnest Thomas at zango.com
Wed May 23 16:31:17 CEST 2007

According to Nagios documentation both 2.x and 3.x:

notification_interval: 	This directive is used to define the number of "time
units" to wait before re-notifying a contact that this server is still down
or unreachable. Unless you've changed the interval_length directive from the
default value of 60, this number will mean minutes. If you set this value to
0, Nagios will not re-notify contacts about problems for this host - only
one problem notification will be sent out.

Looks like this is a bug... Does it keep notifying after in enters a HARD
state? If no, then setting "max_check_attempts 1" will fix your problem.
SOFT states on service check failures are sending notifications anyways.

Thomas