Problem logging criticals after host down

Thomas Guyot-Sionnest dermoth at aei.ca
Wed May 23 02:00:49 CEST 2007

On 22/05/07 05:10 PM, Ricardo José Maraschini wrote:
> Hi Thomas,
>
> Try to generate an Availability report for affected services ignoring
> SOFT STATES and you will see where problem is.
> The service will becomes OK in avail just when the Nagios logs an HARD
> OK for the service in log files.

Then another way to fix that could be to never ignore a SOFT OK state in
availability reports. That shouldn't break anything since SOFT OK states
should never show after a HARD non-OK states except in the specific case
you mentioned.

I don't know the specific part in Nagios that does that
SOFT-on-host-recovery logic, so I'm not sure which one should be easier
to do.

I don't have time right now, but I might take a look at it later if
nobody else look into that issue.

Thomas