ndoutils and historical performance data

Ethan Galstad nagios at nagios.org
Mon May 7 22:00:34 CEST 2007

Florian Gleixner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'll try to make the next perfparse version as compatibe to ndoutils as
> possible. This will include support for instances and mechanismns
> similar or equal to ndoutils to transport data from the module to the
> daemon (ndo2db or perfparsed).
>
> Maybe in the future we can integrate parts or all of perfparse in nagios.
>
> I have still some questions:
> How are ndoutils licensed? May i "reuse" parts of the ndoutils code to
> create a perfparse NEB module and incorporate the transport mechanismns?
> Will the NEB API change in the near future and is there official
> documentation?
> It is clear that the ndoutils will have some more changes, but will
> there be fundamental changes in the near future?
>
> Flo
[snip]

NDOUtils is released under the GPL license, so you can certainly resuse
parts in your own module if its GPL.  I think all modules need to be GPL
anyway, since they require linking against the NEB module stubs.

The NEB API won't change too much in the future.  A few more calls will
likely be added to support event correlation (per John R.), but other
changes will be minor.  Any change which is major will cause the
CURRENT_NEB_API_VERSION in includes/nebmodules.h to increase, so Nagios
won't load your module if it isn't compatible.

Ethan Galstad,
Nagios Developer
---
Email: nagios at nagios.org