NDO: Storing Host Alias in NDO?

Lars Michelsen lars.lists at googlemail.com
Mon May 7 15:02:21 CEST 2007

Hi devels,
i'm searching for a way to display the host alias in NagVis. There are
2 ways I selected as possible solutions for me:

- Reading from NDO (But atm the host alias is not in NDO)
- Reading from NagVis configuration (have to edit for each host manual)

The first method would be much more comfortable and is my favorite
solution. In NagVis itselfes it is not the easiest solution to get
this work but the cleanest.

Now, how to implement in NDO? I think the easiest way is to fill
"name2" in nagios_objects table with the host alias - but the name2 is
part of the index and a host-dataset is explicit without name2. So the
cleanest solution would be to extend the nagios_hosts table with an
attribute "host_alias".

Any better ideas/solutions for this?
Are there reasons why host_alias is not stored in NDO?

Regards,
Lars