Some errors with SIGSEGV

Ethan Galstad nagios at nagios.org
Sat Mar 31 18:28:36 CEST 2007

Herbert Straub wrote:
> Quoting Herbert Straub <herbert at linuxhacker.at>:
>
>> Anyway, please test the situation and report the situation.
>
> The patch works also on Ubuntu Warty and there are no more segmentation
> faults. My testresults for problematic systems Debian Sarge und Ubuntu
> Warty OK.  Matthias Flittner has posted a SIGSEGV problem in this thread
> and Hendrik has posted a list, which contains one other people, who has
> a SIGSEGV detected (also on Debian Sarge). Would it be possible do test
> the patch on the problematic systems?
>

> HowTo test the patch (patch attached):
>
> Download nagios-3.0a2.tar.gz and nagios-3.0a2.patch to the home directory
> tar xzf nagios-3.0a2.tar.gz
> cd nagios-3.0a2
> patch patch -p0 < ../nagios-3.0a2.patch
> ./configure
> make all
> sudo make install install-config
>
> root$ /usr/local/nagios/bin/nagios /usr/local/nagios/etc/nagios.cfg
>

> Best regards
> Herbert Straub

Thanks Herbert!  Patch has been applied to CVS with one change - half of
the floor() calls have been changed to ceil() to try and compensate for
the missing round().

I find it bizarre that calling round() would cause a segfault, so it
definitely sounds like a bug with the libraries.  Since there aren't any
round() calls in Nagios 2.x, there must be something else wrong in that
code...

Ethan Galstad,
Nagios Developer
---