Some errors with SIGSEGV

Ethan Galstad nagios at nagios.org
Sat Mar 24 00:38:08 CET 2007

Hendrik Bäcker wrote:

> Ethan Galstad schrieb:
>> [snip]
>>
>> Hendrik - are you running into the same problem on SLES?  Only when you
>> use the small, sample localhost.cfg file or with other configs as well?
>>   Does the problem go away if you get rid of the -O2 compile flags?
> This is the same phenomen we talked to each other on the german
> Netways nagios conference.
>
> It is not only on SLES. I am able to reproduce it even on OpenSuSE
> 10.x, Ubuntu 6.10 (edgy) and 6.07 (dapper).
>
> And yes it is only when using the default "minimal" config. After get
> rid of the -O2 Flag it runs without any problems. A few months ago I
> thought it could something have to do with a gcc version 4.x instead
> of 3.x.... but this is just a thought.
>
> I think the list elements where deleted before they are read if there
> is only one host (or just a few [<3] hosts).
>
> Regards,
> Hendrik

This is odd indeed.  I've been running Nagios 3.a1 on Ubuntu 6.10 (edgy)
and gcc 4.1.2 under Parallels on my MBP without problems for the last
day or so.  Haven't tried Nagios 2.x yet though.  I'm downloading the
Ubuntu fiesty beta to give a try and will see if I come across any
problems with Nagios 3a1 or 2.8.

Anyone using Nagios on these distros without problems?  Strange that
more people haven't reported problems given that there are packages for
Nagios on Ubuntu, etc.

Ethan Galstad,
Nagios Developer
---