NDO building problems with binary mysql distro

Matthias Eble matthias.eble at mailing.kaufland-informationssysteme.com
Wed Mar 7 13:08:14 CET 2007

Hi all,

I've been trying to compile ndoutils 1.4b2 as well as cvs on my suse
10.1 box.
Unforutunately configure (to me falsely) detects errors concerning mysql
headers and libs.

The special thing in my setup is the binary mysql installation in /opt/mysql

My configure call is:
./configure --enable-mysql --disable-pgsql
--with-mysql-inc=/opt/mysql/include/ --with-mysql-inc=/usr/lib/mysql/

which claims

	checking for mysql_store_result in -lmysqlclient... no
	checking mysql/mysql.h usability... no
	checking mysql/mysql.h presence... no
	checking for mysql/mysql.h... no

So I've two problems:
1. mysqlclient lib is not found

I have installed the mysql-shared package
   ldconfig -v | grep my
    libmysqlclient_r.so.15 -> libmysqlclient_r.so.15.0.0
    libmysqlclient.so.15 -> libmysqlclient.so.15.0.0

rpm -ql mysql-shared
/usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so.15
/usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so.15.0.0
/usr/lib/libmysqlclient_r.so.15
/usr/lib/libmysqlclient_r.so.15.0.0
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so.15
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so.15.0.0
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient_r.so.15
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient_r.so.15.0.0

2. header files cannot be found

mysql.h exists in /opt/mysql/include/

the problem seems to be in
AC_CHECK_HEADER(mysql/mysql.h,MYSQLINCFOUND=yes,MYSQLINCFOUND=no)

Of course I could use the SuSE mysql server and devel packages on this
box but I want to eventually use ndo under sles9 which has no mysql5
package which is required by ndoutils afaik.

Someone posted the same problem on nagios-users two months ago - without
a reply.
It would be nice if someone could help out since I've really no clue of
the gnu-buildtools.

thanks in advance
matthias