active checks executed

Sven Nierlein sven at consol.de
Wed Jun 20 18:38:57 CEST 2007

Hi,

After upgrading to 3.0a5, i noticed, that active service checks are executed, even if
active checks are disabled in nagios.cfg.

I have set
execute_service_checks=0
on my standby installation and checked this setting on the "process info" page, but
some active servicecheck have been executed (not all services, but some).

I tried to disable some settings which i thought they could interfere the execution.
check_for_orphaned_services=0
check_for_orphaned_hosts=0
check_service_freshness=0
But these settings didn't change the behavior.

Can anyone reproduce this or has a solution?

Sven