Missing group in Makefile

Sascha A. Müller sam at marketing-by-abs.com
Wed Jun 13 18:09:46 CEST 2007

Hi list,

this is my first contribution so please inform me of any rules/speficitation I might violate.

I encountered an inconsistency while trying to install nrpe-2.8.1.

I configured with the option --nagios-group=nagios. While configure runs fine it does not state the group at the final configure options that are shown when configure is done.
The group name shows up emtpy.
Also make runs fine with missing group the command make install-plugins stops with an error. This is due to the group not been set and so the syntax does not come out right.

Editing the Makefile in the src/ directory and entering the right groupname in line 27 before the make solves the problem.
Just a minor thing, but might prevent some less experienced user from using nrpe.

Hope this is not the second time this error is reported.

Regards Sascha Müller