Nagios DNX

william(at)elan.net william at elan.net
Thu Jun 7 07:05:19 CEST 2007

I remember somebody here suggested I try nagios DNX to off-load
some work to multiple servers. I tried DNX version with 2.8 nagios
today on test server and results are somewhat disappointed i.e.
it did not work and significant number of plugins are showing as
"DNX Service Check Time Out" which is coming and going somewhat
at random... From debug messages, it looks like DNX server is
expiring service checks too fast, any way to adjust that either
in code or in the config?

Also it appears that all perl plugins are ran directly where
as under nagios they were optimized and ran embedded. If above
can be dealt with I'm willing to work on trying to add embedded
support as done in nagios myself.

Overall I really like the concept though and how easy it is to
get this added to existing nagios installation.

--
William Leibzon
Elan Networks
william at elan.net