Question regarding NSCA Java implementation

Sebastian Ganame sganame at yahoo.com.ar
Mon Jun 4 20:16:21 CEST 2007

Hi All,
       I'm doing some research on Nagios, and I've succesfully configured and tested C implementations of NSCA and NRPE addons.
       I need however to sniff the service checks been pushed to Nagios, before NSCA writes the FIFO pipe. Been a Java guy, I've tried first downloading NSCA Java implementation (http://www.nagiosexchange.org/Communication.41.0.html?&tx_netnagext_pi1%5Bp_view%5D=134).
       Has anyone had experience with this Java replacement for NSCA addon? I know Christopher wrote it, but I was wondering if anyone is using it for the server side (nsca, not send_nsca) at all.
       One of the things that surprised me is that the parameters for the server (nsca, not send_nsca) are not the same ones as for the C version. Just to give you an example, the port to be listening for send_nsca is not configurable, nor the hosts from which you're expecting data push.
       I do not want to rewrite the application before confirming that someone have had the same issues before. Is anyone able to clarify this for me?
       Best regards,

  Sebastian Ganame

 Preguntá. Respondé. Descubrí.
está en Yahoo! Respuestas (Beta).