Incorrect ping service warnings

Hendrik Baecker andurin at process-zero.de
Sun Jun 3 13:54:37 CEST 2007

rajesh schrieb:
> thanks for your reply i have rebooted my openbsd server but still the
> same problem

Sounds like you are taking a bazooka against a bird?!?

The same problem of "high" ping round trip times?
If so, check it by yourself while running a normal command line ping to
one of your hosts and check this rta against the nagios rta.

> and i am in trouble now how to get back my normal nagios i
> hope some nagios developer will help me to fix this critical problem

Well, AFAIK there is only one active nagios developer and I don't think
that he has enough time for a problem that sounds like a user problem.

You told us just, that after adding two hosts, etc that your nagios is
telling you some higher ping rta... do you realy think this might be a
bug within nagios?

Ok - back to the roots.

Is Nagios currently running?
How big are the differences between "nagios pings" and "command line
pings" ?