Idea to change nagios to accept xml output from plugins

elliott at commscope.com elliott at commscope.com
Fri Jun 1 16:21:53 CEST 2007

to all:
        This is more of a theorhetical question, but  i am going to ask
anyway.
I believe that there would be a benefit to changing the standard plugin
interface, and by default nrpe and associated programs to use xml as a
communications standard.
You would be able to intelligently send more differing types of data back
from the plugin.  The plugin would also be able to safely return html code
(or xml code) that would allow you to offer more clickable information.

Please let me know what you think of this idea. - keith