-epn seems not work in 3.x

william(at)elan.net william at elan.net
Wed Jul 11 13:05:40 CEST 2007

On Wed, 11 Jul 2007, Hendrik Baecker wrote:

> Hi Ingo,
>
> Ingo Lantschner schrieb:
>>
>> But to my understanding of the tag "#nagios: -epn" it should disable
>> epn for the particular plugin even if use_embedded_perl ist set to 1.
>> But unfortunately the output still gets messed up.
>
> yes - this should do the trick, but after regarding the docs it should be
>
> "# nagios: -epn" instead of
> "#nagios: -epn"
>
> There is a blank between '#' and 'n'.

While this is all fine, a simple way (that also works with any 2.x
code) based on how nagios decides if it is or not a perl plugin is to
just remove the first line "#!/usr/bin/perl" from pliugin and in
commands.cfg instead of just specifying plugin name directly add
explicit call to /usr/bin/perl, i.e.
  command_line /usr/bin/perl your_plugin.pl

--
William Leibzon
Elan Networks
william at elan.net