[Nagios-users] external commands and segfault -- again

Andurin andurin at process-zero.de
Wed Jan 31 12:54:18 CET 2007

Hi List,

I am afraid to say, there seems to be a further or a new bug within the
downtimes in Nagios 2.7 (non-CVS).

I've created a downtime for a parent host with the option "Schedule
triggered downtime for all child hosts" from:

today 12:00:00 up to 12:10:00

and after this a second downtime from

today 12:09:00 up to 12:20:00

So these two downtime for one parent with a few child hosts overlaps
each other with one minute.

After the first downtime ends nagios dies with a Segfault.

More bad news:
I have tried to use the unstripped binary with the gnu debugger to catch
the buggy lines... but the segfault does not occur.

I know that a collegue of mine has the same problem on his nagios server.

Here is the snippet of my nagios.log

[1170240406] EXTERNAL COMMAND:
SCHEDULE_AND_PROPAGATE_TRIGGERED_HOST_DOWNTIME;vvcdo-atm-R1;1170240379;1170240900;1;0;7200;baeckerh;Testing
Downtimes
[1170240406] HOST DOWNTIME ALERT: vvcdo-atm-R1;STARTED; Host has entered
a period of scheduled downtime
[1170240406] HOST DOWNTIME ALERT: child-berlin;STARTED; Host has entered
a period of scheduled downtime
.... more logs about the childs...

[1170240426] EXTERNAL COMMAND:
SCHEDULE_AND_PROPAGATE_TRIGGERED_HOST_DOWNTIME;vvcdo-atm-R1;1170240840;1170241080;1;0;7200;baeckerh;Testing
Downtimes 2
[1170240436] Auto-save of retention data completed successfully.
[1170240496] Auto-save of retention data completed successfully.
[1170240556] Auto-save of retention data completed successfully.
[1170240616] Auto-save of retention data completed successfully.
[1170240676] Auto-save of retention data completed successfully.
[1170240736] Auto-save of retention data completed successfully.
[1170240796] Auto-save of retention data completed successfully.
[1170240856] Auto-save of retention data completed successfully.

BANG!

[1170240922] Nagios 2.7 starting... (PID=27191)
[1170240922] LOG VERSION: 2.0

How can I try to get further informations why nagios segfaults when
using the unstripped binary or the gdb are not catching the segfault?

Kind regards
Hendrik