Question about relationship between notifications and event handlers

Horvath Tamas zsitfa at t-online.hu
Mon Jan 22 20:47:42 CET 2007

Hello Listmembers!

I would like to use global event handlers' results in notifications.

I know that event handlers and notifications are run in serial. However it
seems to me (from Nagios Event Log) that almost every time after a
host/serice alert, notifications runs first, and AFTER THAN global
host/servie event handler.

In this case I CAN NOT USE EVENT HANDLER'S RESULTS IN NOTIFICATIONS.

Does this order fixed in Nagios?

Is there any serious reson of that order, or can it be changed?

I use Nagios 1.3, but I'll uppgarde it soon to Nagios 2.x

Any help would be appreciate!

Tamas