NDutils : service to host binding

Ethan Galstad nagios at nagios.org
Fri Jan 19 21:46:40 CET 2007

Sébastien Barbereau wrote:
> Hello,
> I've been looking through the db structure and can't find how to link a
> service object to a host object.
> Does some one know how to do this from DB?
>
> Thanks,
> Seb

Hmm, this seems to be a huge oversight on my part.  I'm releasing 1.4b2
with a few patches.  One of them fixes this problem by adding a
'host_object_id' field to the services table.  Technically, a join could
be done previously, but the join would have had to be done on varchar
fields.

Also, I've included a bunch of sample SQL queries in the db/sql
subdirectory to show how to grab info.

Thanks for the report!

Ethan Galstad,
Nagios Developer