Feature request

Anthony Mendoza anthony at onetruemedia.com
Fri Jan 12 20:18:27 CET 2007

Something I've used in the past specific to SMART checking is to use
SNMP and wrap the smartctl -H /dev/had (forgot exact syntax, but run the
health check) and then return the status via SNMP.  This would allow you
to do active checks of your smart deamons.  I didn't read the whole
thread so I apologize if you already mentioned that active checks or
SNMP isn't something you wanted to do.

I've had to wrap many commands via SNMP that weren't available via
standard OIDs or were only available via NRPE since I don't use NRPE.

Hope this help some.