Feature request

Thomas Guyot-Sionnest Thomas at zango.com
Fri Jan 12 16:40:44 CET 2007

Are you guys talking about volatile services, like receiving traps?

Contrary to what suggests the doc I set them as Active with the following
additionnal config:

  check_command          check_dummy!0!"Trap reset on $LONGDATETIME$"
  check_period           none
  max_check_attempts     1
  is_volatile            1
  flap_detection_enabled 0
  notification_options   w,u,c
  stalking_options       w,u,c

The active check never gets scheduled but to reset the trap all I have to do
is schedule an active check.

Maybe Nagios could be modified to run an initial check on active volatile
services with check_period set to "none". That would not impact passive
checks and this could be a configurable option. However it doesn't solve the
problem when for some reason you get many/all your traps triggered off and
want to reset them all-.

I attached the script I use to reset all traps. If you have also many
different checks it could be modified to loop over a list of services as
well. If the service doesn't exists on some hosts it just gets ignored. The
best would be a perl version that create a list of servers and their
passive/volatile services out of the status file.

Thomas