Problems with many hanging Nagios processes (Nagios spawning rogue nagios processes eventually crashing Nagios server)

Ethan Galstad nagios at nagios.org
Wed Jan 3 04:25:35 CET 2007

Thomas Guyot-Sionnest wrote:
> [...]

Hi Thomas - I think I must have missed your original problem description
in the mass of emails that I've been behind on. :-)  I guess you'd have
to test the new code to see if that fixes your problem for sure.

If I'm correct, you shouldn't loose passive checks under heavy load
conditions unless you exhaust physical memory and something like the
infamous OOM killer starts killing processes.  Under normal situations,
passive checks would just be delayed under heavy load.

Ethan Galstad,
Nagios Developer
---
Email: nagios at nagios.org