NSCA using PROCESS_FILE

Thomas Guyot-Sionnest Thomas at zango.com
Wed Feb 28 20:37:44 CET 2007

Well, to correct myself, as I just noted Nagios blocks on opening the file,
i.e. after a HUP or fresh start. Once opened it doesn't block if the reader
die but it will loose data. That could be added to the help text over the
_file_mode= parameter.

> > Since writev should behave just like write I assume the
> difference is on the
> > file filehandle flags. The *_perfdata_file_mode= parameter
> could be used to
> > trigger this behavior, ex: "service_perfdata_file_mode=p".
>
> :-) Good suggestion. No new variable

Effectively, but I'd like to see an additional definition for OCHP/OCSP
processing, as one might want to do both perfdata and OCHP/OCSP at the same
time.

I'm wondering how ppl feel about this, but I'd suggest to have one file for
both OCHP and OCSP. This could be configurable as well. I could also easily
make my daemon read two pipes (that means more boring command-line options
processing, agrrrrrr).

What about:

ochp_data_file=
ocsp_data_file=
ochp_data_file_template=
ocsp_data_file_template=
ochp_data_file_template=
ocsp_data_file_template=
ochp_data_file_mode=
ocsp_data_file_mode=
ochp_data_sends_ocsp_data=

*_data_command and *_data_file_processing_interval could be added too if
someone finds a use for it.

Note the last one that would allow you to have a single file for both. The
same could be done for host_perfdata...

Thomas