NSCA using PROCESS_FILE

Thomas Guyot-Sionnest Thomas at zango.com
Tue Feb 27 09:27:02 CET 2007

Guys,

Anyone looked at / tried my OCHP/OCSP Perl daemons? (Sent in another thread, "Piped OCHP/OCSP daemon")

I haven't had time to set up a full testing env yet (Not only I need to setup a master and slave with real checks... I never even touched OCHP/OCSP!). I fixed a trivial bug that was from the original PerfDaemon code... I'll post an updated version soon...

I tested performance of it and with -r1 and it could eat over one *million* commands (120+ MB of text) in just over 5 seconds (the children would take some time to digest that much data though if they were not piping it trough a plain 'cat', i.e. send it over the network with send_nsca). I verified the integrity of that 120+ MB chunk of data after going trough the daemon and it matched.

Ethan, is this daemon suitable for your HOWTO (I know you asked for something different but I believe this daemon does the job much better than a logrotate/cron job). Which format do you want your HOWTO written in? SGML? ASCII? Do you have a Template?

Thanks,

Thomas