Host stuck in scheduled downtime

Ethan Galstad nagios at nagios.org
Tue Feb 20 15:47:59 CET 2007

Ahmon Dancy wrote:
[snip]

>>> That's not good.  Has anyone else experienced this problem?  My testing
>>> of flex downtime expiration didn't reveal any problems, but there might
>>> be other factors involved that I didn't replicate.
>
> The nagios process in question is still running in this state.  If
> there is any data you'd like me to collect from it, I can do so.

There's not a whole lot of info we can get out of it.  It sounds like
the downtime expiration event either didn't fire correctly, or failed to
expire the downtime like it should have.  If you restart Nagios, the
downtime will disappear.  Unfortunately, this could end up being a
troublesome bug to track down.

Ethan Galstad,
Nagios Developer
---