Make clean removes config.status

Thomas Guyot-Sionnest Thomas at zango.com
Mon Feb 12 20:32:59 CET 2007

I just noticed that Nagios makefiles removes config.log, config.status and
config.cache when doing 'make clean' If there a reason for that? If not,
could it be moved to distclean?

I often patch Nagios to suit my needs. Recently I modified an html patch to
run against .html.in files instead of .html, and must run config.status to
re-generate them. It is also useful when I upgrade Nagios as I get the last
command-line options I used from config.status (grep configure
config.status).

I can understand that 'make distclean' cleans these files, but not 'make
clean'.

Thanks,

Thomas