user groups for cgi's

Chuck Pierce chuck at onyxsys.net
Tue Feb 6 20:10:17 CET 2007

I'm new to the developers list, so please excuse me if this question/idea
has been posted before.

Is there anyone out there currently working on the ability to setup group
access to nagios?  What I am talking about is having the ability to set it
up so that certain groups can only see hosts, host groups, services, and
service groups that have been assigned to their group?  It would require
that most/all of the cgi's would have to be updated to read some sort of
group file (or use the contact groups).  The idea is so that someone could
host a nagios server that monitors several groups of people servers and the
groups would only be able to see (or request downtime) the servers that they
manage...

If no one is working on such a thing, I will.  I just wanted to see if
anyone had already started working on something like this (or if it even
fits with the current direction of nagios).

Thanks - Chuck