Inheritance

John Relph John.Relph at noaa.gov
Mon Feb 5 19:27:31 CET 2007

Christoph Maser writes:

>Could we change that to read
>
>hostgroups	+, linux-servers,web-servers
>

>this +<string> looks a bit awkward to me. Also considering how you use
>"!" as a unary operator +<string> makes people think the "+" is an
>operator for the following string.

Disagreed.  Your proposed syntax is more confusing.  Your syntax makes
it look like "+" is itself a hostgroup (albeit with special meaning).
The original syntax is well known and understood.  For example, Apache
configuration files use the "+" as proposed below.

I prefer Ethan's proposed syntax.

	-- John