Two NRPE bugs (and patches)

Andrew Boyce-Lewis (Contractor) aboyce at ccs.nrl.navy.mil
Fri Feb 2 16:42:20 CET 2007

Sorry for the delay in writing back, things have ben quite busy.

As I said before, I made some minor changes to the NRPE source to
address two bugs that I found.

1) If  openssl installed but in a non-standard location, configuring
and making nrpe would fail generating DH parameters because the
openssl binary could not be found. I added the configure time option
--with-ssl for setting the install path of openssl. Also, as far as I
can tell with-ssl-lib is never used, so I removed it. Finally, I
beefed up the logic that it used to find both the include files and
the openssl binary so that they are more likely to succeed if you
have a non-standard installation.

2) Fixed a bug that caused NRPE to stop parsing the config file after
a non-fatal error. This happened when an invalid config_dir was
specified after sufficient configuration options were parsed. For
example, I had all of the core options (port, user, group.... etc) at
the top of my config, then an include_dir that specified a directory
that did not exist and then all of the command definitions. The
daemon would launch, report only that the config dir was not found
yet it would have no checks available and report no other errors
(because the checks were defined after the invalid include_dir).

I enabled some additional error output and allowed read_config_file()
to keep going (with warnings) even if a non-existent include_dir or
include_file are specified.

Feedback welcome.

  -Andrew