Line continuations not working as expected

Matthew Richardson matthew-ln at itconsult.co.uk
Mon Dec 31 18:06:39 CET 2007

I have just tried the config:-

|define host{
|	use			template-host-generic,connectivity
|       host_name               connectivity_test1
|       alias                   connectivity_test1
|	check_interval		1
|       check_command           check_cluster_test1!\
|$SERVICESTATEID:connectivity_test1:ping1$,\
|$SERVICESTATEID:connectivity_test1:ping2$,\
|$SERVICESTATEID:connectivity_test1:ping3$\
|!1
|        address                 nohost.itconsult.net
|        }

in order to assemble a very long check command in a readable way (the real
one will be much longer than the test!).

However it fails thus:-

|Nagios 3.0rc1
|Copyright (c) 1999-2007 Ethan Galstad (http://www.nagios.org)
|Last Modified: 12-17-2007
|License: GPL
|
|Reading configuration data...
|
|Error: Invalid host object directive '$SERVICESTATEID:connectivity_test1:ping1$,\'.
|Error: Could not add object property in file '/etc/nagios/connectivity/test1.cfg' on line 16.
|
|***> One or more problems was encountered while processing the config files...

Am I doing something stupid, or is this a bug with the new line
continuation feature?

The config works fine with the command in one long line...

Best wishes,
Matthew