Nagios 3 - Documentation Quickstart Ubuntu

Hendrik Bäcker andurin at process-zero.de
Wed Dec 19 15:00:37 CET 2007

Am Mittwoch, den 19.12.2007, 14:48 +0100 schrieb Andreas Ericsson:

> Isn't there a libgd2 with xpm support on ubuntu?

There is one, packaged as "libgd2-xpm" and "libgd2-xpm-dev"

> > perhaps the package "libgd2-noxpm" is necessary too.
> >

> It is, but unless you've broken your apt-get horribly, or the
> Ubuntu packagers are completely incompetent, it will be picked
> up as an unconditional dependency of libgd2-noxpm-dev.

I don't think I've break anything in my dependency tree.

apt wanted to solve the dependencies but due to my post I couldn't tell
if nagios needs only the *-dev files for only the compile process or to
link agains the libraries themself.

Now it has cleared up.

-
Hendrik