Building nagios-3.0b1 under solaris fails

Stevens, Michael Michael_Stevens at affymetrix.com
Wed Aug 29 23:52:26 CEST 2007

To build Nagios 3.0 under Solaris, use GNU make instead on the standard
Solaris make.  Using Solaris make puts snprintf.o under the base
directory, and the Makefiles look for snprintf.o under common.  If I
build Nagios with /usr/ccs/bin/make, snprintf compiles thusly:

gcc -g -O2 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I/usr/include/glib-2.0
-I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include   -DNSCORE  -c  ../common/snprintf.c

While gmake gives me

gcc -g -O2 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I/usr/include/glib-2.0
-I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include   -DNSCORE   -c -o ../common/snprintf.o
../common/snprintf.c

--
Mike Stevens