Nagios 3.0b1 not processing scheduling queue / Solaris 10

Steffen Poulsen step at tdc.dk
Thu Aug 23 15:56:07 CEST 2007

> Can you try:
>
> 1. Enabling debug options
> 2. Running Nagios as a foreground process instead of a daemon
>
> This should help track down the problem, and ensure that
> Nagios didn't silently die from a segfault.

Thanks, this helped a lot :-)

What showed up was that some defined commands were not available in the
new installation and gave us a "command not found" (reported to stdout).
Once these were available again, everything seems to be running along.
So perhaps there's a problem on Solaris on forking the commands?

Anyway, now it is running it seems it leaves a few files in /tmp called

  * checkl7ii2p
  * checklBgi2p

And so on, one or two every minute.

Anything we can do to have it clean up after itself?

Regards,

Steffen