Nagios 3.0b1 not processing scheduling queue / Solaris 10

Steffen Poulsen step at tdc.dk
Tue Aug 21 16:12:14 CEST 2007

Hi all,

We have been running the Nagios 3.0a5 version for a while and are now
interested in upgrading to the 3.0b1 version.

We are running Solaris 10 on a Sun Fire V210 platform (2CPU), and
performance on 3.0a5 have been excellent.

But it seems that with the 3.0b1 something has changed that makes the
installation unable to process the scheduling queue - Nagios stops
processing the queue after 1 (one) check has finished.

For our tests we are running 3.0b1 with a straight sample configuration,
so it should not be a configuration issues that is stopping us (I hope
.-))

We are curious if anybody else saw this?

The logs are _completely_ quiet (even though nagios.cfg is set to log
everything), and everything in the interface says "PENDING" (except for
the 1 lonely check that is executed).

It sort of reminds me of the recent NSCA issue where something similar
happened - NSCA was also able to receive one event, and then also hang
forever. I have no idea if the issues are related in any way though.

I hope there is a patch for this available and of course I am happy to
assist in testing this issue further.

Regards,

Steffen