NDO - why not innodb?

Sébastien Barbereau barbereau at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 18:14:26 CEST 2007

Just adding my two cents here:
The question of wether to use InnoDB or MyISAM, or MYSQL rather than PGSQL
comes down IMHO to the question of your DB admin. I had mixed reports on
performance with InnoDB and/or PGSQL, and I feel more comfortable with MySQL
as I never had problems with it. On the other hand, InnoDB foreign key
support is really nice considering the ndodb table structure.

What would maybe be more interresting (for the community) is rather than
stick to a specific database kind, use an abstraction layer in the ndo
module. Therefore one could use whatever database you wish : mysql, pgsql
and why not oracle or sybase? I don't think it really mathers to Nagios what
kind of DB we are using (it should not).

This could have a course some "performance" drawbacks in terms of query
optimization ...

Seb.