patch for preprocessing macros

Matthias Eble matthias.eble at mailing.kaufland-informationssysteme.com
Thu Aug 16 16:21:56 CEST 2007

> Thanks for the patch Matthias.  Its a few months old, but I kept it on
> my TODO list.  I think I'll reimplement the patch as a recursive
> function that allows multiple levels of nesting.  Not sure if multiple
> levels are absolutely necessary, but the functionality will be there if
> someone needs it.

Hi Ethan,

thanks for your reply, I didn't expect an answer any more :)
I couldn't see need for recursion that time. To be honest, I can't see
any need for the entire patch any more, since the hostname is not
mandatory in 3.x any more - And I think this is the main purpose for
functionality like that.

Maybe such a solution could make sense in combination with custom macros.

Thus it's up to you, but thanks again for your reply.

Matthias