Patch against bug in processing passive checks with new IPC method

Joerg Linge pitchfork at ederdrom.de
Wed Apr 18 20:37:28 CEST 2007

Am Mittwoch, 18. April 2007 16:32 schrieb Ethan Galstad:
> Hendrik Baecker wrote:
> > Hi List,
> > hi Ethan,
> >
> > I know, brand hot but there is an bug while writing passive check
> > results to the temp spool file.
> >
> > temp_pcr->service_description is always (null).
> >
> > I think moving one parenthese will solve the problem. Tests looks good now.
> >
> > Patch against latest cvs code:
> >

> Thanks Hendrik!  Let me know how the new code works for you.  I haven't
> tested it with a large number of checks yet.

Hi Ethan,
the latest CVS Code runs fine so far.

I have run some Test with 6000 Services on a IBM Power5 LPAR. No problems detected.

The default value for check_result_path is /var/spool/nagios/checkresults if you run configure without options.
I think the better way is to use $prefix/var/spool/checkresults as default. So the complete nagios installation stays in $prefix.

For Deb or RPM Packages  --with-checkresult-dir=/var/spool/nagios/checkresults can be used.

Kind regards

Joerg