RFC: New IPC Method for Check Results

Ethan Galstad nagios at nagios.org
Wed Apr 18 16:50:14 CEST 2007

sean finney wrote:
> hi guys,
>
> On Thu, 2007-04-12 at 10:28 +0100, Peter Westlake wrote:
>
>> Could you put it into /var/spool/nagios, to conform to the Filesystem
>> Hierarchy Standard?
>>
>> <http://www.pathname.com/fhs/pub/fhs-2.3.html#VARSPOOLAPPLICATIONSPOOLDATA>.
>>
>> You can make subdirectories if you need to.
>
> i would second this on both accounts (following the fhs and using a
> subdirectory i.e. /var/spool/nagios/checkresults), but really as long as
> it's a configurable option you wouldn't get any complaints from me :)
>

> 	sean

Thanks for the suggestion guys.  I posted the new IPC code yesterday and
it does store check results in /var/spool/nagios/checkresults by
default.  You can override the directory with the check_result_path
config option, and there is a configure script --with-checkresult-dir
option to make package creation easier.

Ethan Galstad,
Nagios Developer
---