passive host - distributed monitoring

Ethan Galstad nagios at nagios.org
Fri Apr 13 21:57:25 CEST 2007

Marco Supino wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am facing a problem with distributed monitoring, it seems that when a
> passive host check is received, it immedialtly goes into HARD state,
> without noticing the max_attempt directive, I tried fixing it in the
> source, and make it go into SOFT before attempt = max_attempts, but some
> other function is messing my check_attempt , anyone can assist
>
> Marco.

Nagios 2 doesn't support a max_attempts directive for hosts and all
passive host check results will immediately force the host into a HARD
state.  This has changed a bit in Nagios 3 - hosts do have a
max_attempts directive, but passive results still put the host into a
HARD state.

Hope that helps.

Ethan Galstad,
Nagios Developer