GWT interface

william(at)elan.net william at elan.net
Wed Apr 4 12:34:54 CEST 2007

I guess if it was said AJAX it would have been easier to understand
what is being proposed. Now, GWT is nice - I've not seen it before
and worked with different AJAX toolkit (though my experience with
ajax is rather limited). But my general comment still remains -
many sysadmins will not want ajax as primary interface, they need
something solid that works in any browser even "crippled" one.

That is not to say that trying to do AJAX interface for nagios
is bad idea, if it is available and its good, some will no doubt
use it. Also while we're at the topic of more "active" nagios
interface, what for long time I thought would be nice to have is
window open up when alert comes in in similar way that gmail opens
up chat window for their web jabber client (btw, anyone know if
that jabber client is available in their ajax toolkit component?).
This maybe doable with just regular javascript though, I just did
not like current C cgi code that is difficult to add anything to.