Host check retries?

Folkerd Koning folkerd.koning at ci.ft-wayne.in.us
Fri Sep 29 14:01:02 CEST 2006

When actively checking hosts, if a host check fails (and goes into a soft
error state) how soon will the check be rescheduled? I've tried to get
Nagios to delay the next checks, as I thought that the host_check_retry
value would be the value in minutes to delay the retry, but it looks to me
Nagios will continue to check the host as soon as it can, once a check fails
(up to the max check count).

Is there something I misconfigured or is this a bug?

Regards,
  Folkerd H. Koning
  Email Administrator
  City of Fort Wayne,Indiana