Missing status data using NSCA for clustered Nagios (feature?)

Wed Sep 27 11:55:08 CEST 2006

Hello!

I'm using Nagios in a clustered environment and submitting the passive check results to the Nagios master server.

I compared the data with a standalone Nagios system and noticed that NSCA is not submitting all the data Nagios collects for active checks.

First I missed the performance data. But that problem can be solved by appending the $SERVICEPERFDATA$ macro with a "|"-separator at the end of the $SERVICEOUTPUT$.

Maybe a cleaner solution is possible for the future? (a separate parameter for performance data)

But my Nagios master process is also missing another value. The service check execution time is for all with NSCA submitted service checks always "0".

Is there any chance to submit that value to the Nagios process?

I don't think so, because the Nagios external command API used here has no such field:

PROCESS_SERVICE_CHECK_RESULT;<host_name>;<service_description>;<return_code>;<plugin_output>

So that would be a nice and helpful feature for the next Nagios version (3.0)

Kind regards,

            Klaus Pesendorfer.

Klaus Pesendorfer

Research & Development