Nagios Event Broker Duplicated Events

Nicholas Whiting nicholas.whiting at guest-tek.com
Tue Sep 12 18:10:22 CEST 2006

Hello,

I have completed the preliminary coding of an event broker that listens
for

NEBCALLBACK_HOST_STATUS_DATA and NEBCALLBACK_SERVICE_STATUS_DATA

events. The module then extracts the details for these events from
corresponding

nebstruct_host_status_data and nebstruct_service_status data and
generates XML output

which is then passed to a customized messaging stack.

Anyways, my issue is that these events appear to duplicate. I receive
what looks like 2 duplicate

events for each host and service check data event. The extracted data
are identical in both events.

Can anyone suggest any subtleties in these events that will allow me to
ignore one rather than pass

both up to the messaging stack?

Nick