nagios contacts notification

alex alshu at tut.by
Fri Oct 20 11:51:55 CEST 2006

    Hello list!
    Recently i found one strange in work with contacts notification.
I have three contacts and one contact group that include two from three
contacts. I use contact group ("admins" below) for send notification but
notification sends to third contact that not in group also. I use special
notification commands for this contact (notify-by-sms) and must not
receive
this notification (but i receive). This my definitions:

define contact{
         contact_name                    nagios-admin
         alias                           Nagios Admin
         service_notification_period     24x7
         host_notification_period        24x7
         service_notification_options    w,u,c,r
         host_notification_options       d,r
#        service_notification_commands   notify-by-email,notify-by-sms
         service_notification_commands   notify-by-email
#        host_notification_commands
     host-notify-by-email,host-notify-by-sms
         host_notification_commands      host-notify-by-email
         email                           nagios-admin at localhost
         address1                        1122334
         }

define contact{
         contact_name                    nagadm
         alias                           Nagios Admin-2
         service_notification_period     24x7
         host_notification_period        24x7
         service_notification_options    c
         host_notification_options       d
         host_notification_commands      empty_command
         service_notification_commands   empty_command
#        email                           nagios-admin at localhost
         pager                           55555
         }

define contact{
         contact_name                    nagios-admin-sms
         alias                           Nagios Admin
         service_notification_period     24x7
         host_notification_period        24x7
         service_notification_options    w,u,c,r
         host_notification_options       d,r
         service_notification_commands   notify-by-sms
         host_notification_commands      host-notify-by-sms
         email                           nagios-admin at localhost
         address1                        1122334
         }

define contactgroup{
         contactgroup_name       admins
         alias                   Nagios Administrators
         members                 nagios-admin,nagadm
         }

    i use current stable version:

# ./nagios -V

Nagios 2.5
Copyright (c) 1999-2006 Ethan Galstad (http://www.nagios.org)
Last Modified: 07-13-2006

      Thank you very much.
      Aleksandr Shubnik

---
byfly - это высокоскоростной Интернет от Белтелеком, доступный пользователям
во всех областных и районных центрах РБ. Byfly дарит легкость во всем: легко
подключиться, легко пользоваться, легко себе позволить! http://www.byfly.by